BLT will provide up to 5 travel grants in 2022, for participation to conferences linked to the core activities of BLT. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com by June 15th, using the correct application form, accompanied with a brief CV and the notification of abstract acceptance.
In essence, the following criteria / rules apply:
- The applicant must be a BLT member in good standing for at least 1 year
- The applicant should not be 41 years or older in the year the congress takes place
- The applicant must have an accepted abstract at the meeting
- The applicant must acknowledge funding by the BLT in a slide or on the poster
- The applicant must ensure economic participation (e.g. early bird registration, economy flight, …)
- An applicant can only receive a travel grant once
- Maximum 1 applicant will be funded per lab/service and per congress
- The grant is in the form of a reimbursement (i.e. expenses are prepaid by the applicant or the applicant’s lab)
Selection by the Board will be based on the applicant’s CV, her/his activity in BLT, and taking into account other aspects the Board may consider relevant.